Cumbre is situated in the Punilla Valley,
in the Province of Cordoba,
Argentina, in the Southern portion of the American Continent.
- Buenos Aires City: 807 km.
- Rosario: 475 km.
- Córdoba City: 94 km.
- Córdoba Airport: 90 km.
- Mendoza: 715 km.
- San Juan: 485 km.
- La Rioja:
- Santa Fe: 427 km.
- Carlos Paz: 59 km.
- La Falda: 14 km.
- Capilla del Monte: 12 km.
How to get here
from Cordoba City:
- By La Calera : (Route E-55) Take this road to Bialet Masse , then carry on by Route 38, northbound, through Cosquin, La Falda, until you reach La Cumbre
- By Motorway (Circunvalacion) take a right turn off to the Variante Costa Azul ( Costa Azul short cut) over the San Roque Dam wall, then on to Route E-55 to Bialet Masse, and along Route 38, northbound to Cosquin/La Falda and on to La Cumbre.
- By the Carlos Paz Motorway, past this city, along Route 38 northbound to La Cumbre.
- By the so called "Camino del Cuadrado" from Salsipuedes or Rio Ceballos, which leads you to Valle Hermoso, where you pick up the Route 38 for some 19 kms, until you reach La Cumbre.
If you are coming from the North:
- From La Rioja province, keep on the Route 38 all the way to La Cumbre.
- From Santiago del Estero province, take Route 9 to Jesus Maria. From this town, along Route E-66 (Ascochinga) taking the firm dirt road which crosses the Sierras Chicas (Small Sierras) until you reach La Cumbre.
PRIVATE TRANSPORT SERVICES
If arriving by air, landing at Pajas Blancas international airport, in the outskirts of the city of Cordoba, you have a wide choice comprising taxis, remises (hire cars) minibuses, intercity buses or differential buses, which secure a seat for the journey. There are rental cars as well.
If you want to use the minibuses offered by Tourist outfits, you will have to book in advance. Taxis and remises can be hired at the airport and the price should be agreed on before setting out. If you choose to use the intercity bus transport system, you will have to go into the city of Cordoba (by taxi or bus) and then take one of the different services offered there. Approximate time of journey between 2 and 3 hours, depending on the company you choose and the stops it makes.La Cumbre boasts a small airport known as the Aeroclub which can land small aircraft and helicopters, and it is sometimes used as a stopover for longer flights.